The best part of going to amazing crafting conventions and trade shows? The free stuff. The worst thing about going to amazing crafting conventions? The guilt when you don't make anything with the free stuff. So, as I forge on with my New Year's resolution of working on something creative at least 2 hours every weekday, I am thrilled to say I have already created something cute with some of my swag from CHA last week.
- Clover Basket Template (http://clover-usa.com/products/515829/Basket_Frames)
- Lion Brand Yarn- "Amazing" (http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/amazing.html)
- A little bit of craft glue
- 2 small rectangles of fabric (optional)
- A tapestry needle (but you can cheat and not use one)
Estimate Time for Project
- 2 episodes of "Project Runway"
That's really it. So big thank you to Lion Brand Yarn and Clover. This was super easy and I really was able to zone out in front of the TV while I quickly wove my basket. For my first try, I see that I could have secured the corners a bit better but all in all, it's a lovely way to use up pretty yarn. The cool thing is, I can also easily unwind the yarn on the Basket Template in the future if I need it (and then re-wrap the basket with something else- raffia, ribbon, etc.) so the basket doubles as pretty/decorative yarn storage as well. Nothing is glued or tied, it's all. Everything is nicely wrapped around the template. So... DONE. Yay me!